Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And whats NEXT.... now its done ....  this is HOW it was done

Well ,  just as Ive now learnt to keep progress on my blog and my builds,  the next item im working on right now is something for you piraty  folks out there,  Heres a quick progress on it ,  so far ive started making the pants ,  the shirt, part of the belt,  the head wrap and tricorn hat,  but ive found that i may have to put some hair with this puppy ,  which i dont have much experience with ,  but dont worry ,  on release i will stuff in a version without the hair too.


Watch this space.....


ok ,  completed the basic hair, beard and moustach meshes,  came out not too bad.
Today so far .... 
Well today ,  I wanted a little break from modelling but not a big one ,  so I thought that I would do a skin to go with this outfit ,  so far ive only did the head,  and the lighting is totally shyte on it when you bake .....  so im going to put with or without baking on it here today ..  just for jollies,  theres a lot to be done skin wise ...  so please dont judge it yet


With Baking


Without Baking
Im currently working on the upper body skin ....  so I should imagine thats going to take some time ,  im not texturing anything as a finanl part just yet ...  so the beard etc is just placeholders  and the skin has yet to have all its detail done,  but this is it so far


Last update of the night,  as im well tired....  skins i hate ,  I really dont like them,  so i took a reak after trying for a few hours and decided to throw some placeholder textures on some parts ....  but at least it will give you the idea on development


till  the morrow  ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Im pretty certain nobody is watching the progress on my piratey  thing,  but its ok ,  i like to keep it updated,  so heres an update ,  been working on the belt and sash ,  so got those fleshed out ,  before i start sculpting to generate normal maps etc ..  anyway *grins* ,  heres the update


Its only baked in Ambient Occulsion at 20 samples,  just to see how the shading is comming along,  as i really hate " blender grey" 


and so the sculpting begins .....
but thats it for today ,  as i have to get an early night ..  * laughs* ..  remember those pre SL. 


ok  little update on my outfit for today , at least so far.  Ive finished sculpting the MC Hammer style Pirate Pants and the sash ,  I need to work out some way of doing the fringe on ends. but ive textured the belt too.  will do the boots soon as well,  but its a long process before i can even start with the defuse layers. the saving grace is that if Second Life ever decides to activate bump mapping,  then i have all the maps for stuff for active shading.


Spent the evening tonight,  sculpting the shirt and belt,  so I thought i would throw up a quick pic....


Ive done the sculpting ,  created normal maps ....  and so the texturing begins.  Not really hard and fast textures yet,  as i tend to just do base textures with normal maps ,  then i add the wear etc after.  So these are just the basic renders


will carry on with this later.....  but for now ..  its bed time in the uk ,  well  for me it is ..  3am


Little update,  well ...  Ive been working hard on this overall,  but its starting to get away from me ,  as being the bloke that I am,  I thought,  well  it needs to be in a few colours,  and it should really have a saber ,  and considering i am also SWS weaponry ,  I made a saber,  then I thought ..  ahhh  but i need to update my animations ,  so I started making more animations ..  then thought I should make an AO ...  yet i havnt even finished my texturing yet ....  so I have pulled my ass back into gear and back on track ,  the saber is being textured as we speak but heres a picture update




YAY!!!!!! Its finished ...  see post above for the final results.

No comments:

Post a Comment